What a wonderful way to welcome spring!
WTIP's “Grassroots Radio” membership drive – our first drive of the year - wrapped up at noon on Monday, March 20, and we are extremely humbled to say that thanks to the efforts of MANY people, we not only reached, but SURPASSED our drive goal of $20,000, in only four and a half days!
Here are the final results:
51 New members
213 Renewing members
The past several days have been filled with much warm-hearted activity, and we have many people to thank for helping us reach our goal, including:
- Everyone who pledged their support, whether new or renewing, or giving again!
- On-air volunteers who hosted programming – we appreciate your dedication!
- Volunteers who took pledges by phone and in person
- Businesses and community members who have provided food and treats for staff, volunteers and visitors to the station
- Many musicians who played live on the air
- Jeff Nemitz and John Koscielak for helping with sound engineering
- Businesses that stopped by with thank you gifts to offer listener-members, including: Caribou Cream Maple Syrup, Wild Country Maple Syrup, and Jackie of All Trades
- Everyone who provided or made gifts for our end-of-drive drawing, including:Grand Portage Lodge & Casino, Doug Turner, Sherrie Lindskog, Ada Igoe, Joe Friedrichs, and Meadowlands Chocolate.
And congratulations to the winners of our “end of drive” drawing (please stop by the station to pick up your gift, or give us a call at 218-387-1070 to make other arrangements):
- Barbara Collins won the Grand Portage Lodge & Casino gift certificates
- Nick Vavrichek and Kent Jones won the cutting boards, handmade by Doug Turner
- RaeAnne Silence won the hand-knitted WTIP hat, made by Ada Igoe
- Judy Curtis won the blanket, hand-crocheted by Sherrie Lindskog
- Nora McGreevy won the guided fishing trip with Joe Friedrichs
- Marco Good won a bundle of chocolate bars from Meadowlands Chocolate
- Greg Gastecki won a bundle of chocolate bars from Meadowlands Chocolate
- Julie Arthur won a bundle of chocolate bars from Meadowlands Chocolate
On behalf of all of the staff and volunteers at WTIP, we'd like to thank everyone for reminding us of what a wonderful community of listeners and supporters we have! You keep our programming strong and vibrant, and will help us continue to provide essential, entertaining and thoughtful programming.