Vaccine boosters available for more Cook County residents in November
Booster shots will be available in early November for some Cook County residents.
Those eligible for a booster now include individuals who received the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine series six or more months ago and meet the following criteria:
- Sixty-five years of age or older
- Eighteen or older and living in a long-term care setting
- Eighteen or older with an underlying medical condition
- Eighteen or older who work or live in high-risk settings
- Individuals who received the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine two or more months ago
Additionally, those eligible for a booster dose of COVID-19 vaccine are now able to choose which COVID-19 vaccine they receive as a booster. The new CDC recommendation now allows for this type of mix-and-match vaccine dosing.
Registration is available now for vaccine boosters for those who fit the above criteria. Click here to sign up. The first event is scheduled for Thursday, Nov. 4.
The audio below is an update from Cook County Public Health Supervisor speaking with WTIP’s Joe Friedrichs on Oct. 25.